Washington, DC moving companies differ in price and services offered. That’s why it’s important to know exactly what you’re getting when you pay for a mover. If you don’t do proper research, you could wind up paying more than you anticipated because you didn’t ask the right questions.
Here are some things to look for when hiring a Washington, DC moving service:
1. Years in business. It’s important to know a company’s history before hiring them to move your belongings from one location to the next. Doing so allows you to formulate an opinion about how the company operates. If it is a new business, it may be harder to find customer reviews or complaints. The moving company may not even have an established presence on the web yet. It’s up to you to determine if you want to go with the new guys or seasoned pros.
2. Reliable customer reviews. What do other people say about the moving service? Did they have a good or bad experience with it? How did the company respond? Did it offer a solution to its customers or just blow them off? Is the moving service registered with the Better Business Bureau? If it is, what is the company’s rating? Finding legitimate reviews helps you determine the overall satisfaction of the company which helps you decide whether to contact them or not.
3. A website you can access easily. If it’s impossible to find the company’s website or there is a whole lot of broken links, it’s a tell-tale sign that the moving service doesn’t care about the details. It’s apparent because it’s online presence is lackluster. You want to find a company where you can see what services are offered as well as different details including deposits and costs. You don’t want to spend precious time searching for information that isn’t listed or looking for a website that doesn’t exist. To get started finding a DC mover, check out Cheap Movers DC (www.cheapmoversdc.com, 3509 Connecticut Avenue NW #10028, Washington, DC 20008, (202) 774-9296).
4. A customer service number you can call to ask questions. If you need answers that you couldn’t find on the company’s website, you’ll want to be able to reach a representative so you can obtain the information that you require to hire a moving company to transport your belongings from one location to the next.
5. A detailed quote in writing based on the information you’ve provided. It’s important to get a copy of any service a company offers in writing. That way, there isn’t any confusion when it comes time to provide moving services. It also helps you get reimbursed for moving costs if your employer pays for them or deduct the amount spent on your taxes.
Hiring a moving service takes little effort once you know what to look for. You’ll be happy about your decision because your belongings are in good hands with the reputable company of your choice. You won’t be stuck moving boxes from your old home to your new home by yourself, either. That means you can start unpacking your stuff right away and start making your new house feel like home.read more